割草机英文叫“Lawn Mower”，一般在Home Depot、Lowe’s、Home Hardware这种家装建材店都有卖，当然Walmart等综合性超市也会有卖，但是型号选择有限，不如家装建材店多。
割草机主要分以下四大类：手动式割草机（Reel Lawn Mowers）、电动式割草机（Electric Mowers）、汽油式割草机（Gas Mowers）、乘坐式割草机（Riding Lawn Mowers）。
Lawn mowers are generally sold in home depot, Lowe’s and home hardware stores. Of course, Walmart and other comprehensive supermarkets will also sell lawn mowers. However, the selection of models is limited, and there are not as many as home decoration stores.
Lawn mowers are mainly divided into the following four categories: manual lawn mowers, electric mowers, gas mowers and riding lawn mowers.
1.手动式割草机（Reel Lawn Mowers）
The manual mower is relatively cheap. It has the advantages of no refueling, no electricity, no noise, no exhaust gas pollution, small size, easy operation, good storage, and the base width is between 14-20 inches, which is suitable for small lawns; The disadvantage is that the grass is easy to get stuck between the blades, so it will be stuck when pushed.
美国割草机公司1304-14 14 14英寸5刀片推卷式割草机
American Lawn Mower Company 1304-14 14-Inch 5-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower
电动式割草机还分有线电动割草机（Corded Electric Mowers）和无线电动割草机（Cordless Electric Mowers）。
Although the electric mower has noise, it is less noisy than the gasoline mower. It does not need to be refueled or maintained. It is easy to operate and weighs less than the gasoline mower. The base is 14-20 inches wide and is suitable for small lawns; The disadvantage is that the motor is easy to burn out.
Electric mowers also include corded electric mowers and cordless electric mowers.
2.1 有线电动割草机（Corded Electric Mowers）
The wired electric mower does not need to be charged in advance. It is plug-in and ready to use. However, the long wire is very inconvenient, and it is easy to trip or wind up the coil. If you are not careful, the coil is easy to be wound into the blade and cut off, but the price is relatively cheap.
2.2 无线电动割草机（Cordless Electric Mowers）
3. 汽油式割草机（Gas Mowers）
汽油式割草机分前轮驱动（front wheel drive）、后轮驱动（rear wheel drive）和四轮驱动（all wheel drive），四轮驱动更省力一点，适合有坡度的草坪使用。大多数汽油割草机都带有卷簧启动器，嗡的一声拉动连线就能启动发动机了，不过也有电动启动器，好像汽车启动那样扭一下就行。
Gasoline mowers are divided into front wheel drive, rear wheel drive and all wheel drive. Four wheel drive is more labor-saving and suitable for sloping lawns. Most gasoline lawnmowers are equipped with coil spring starters, which can start the engine by pulling the cable with a buzzing sound. However, there are also electric starters, which can be turned just like a car.
汽油式割草机还分手推式（push）和自行式（self-propelled），当然自行式（self-propelled）比较省力，启动后它自己会往前走，你只需要控制方向即可。一般的品牌如Remington、Brute、Poulan Pro、Jonsered、Black+Decker、Yard Machines、Lawn-Boy和Greenworks等，高端一点的品牌有Toro、Honda等。
Gasoline lawnmowers are also divided into push and self-propelled. Of course, self-propelled is labor-saving. After starting, it will move forward by itself. You only need to control the direction. General brands such as Remington, brute, poulan pro, jonsered, black+decker, yard machines, law boy and greenworks, and more high-end brands such as Toro and Honda.
4. 乘坐式割草机（Riding Lawn Mowers）
Key Features To Look For In A Lawnmower
Here are some recommendations when looking for mowing features:
• Default Blades: When looking at blades, you should always opt for metal blades. Take a note that the wider the blade, the better the cutting capacity and cut quality. Most lawnmowers are supplied with them but some budget mowers have acrylic blades which become ineffective over time. Additionally a metal blade provides a much cleaner cut in various grasses, small bushes, weeds and sticks. Also they are less susceptible to damage from stones and other unwanted garden nuisances too.
• Grass Collectors: Unless you want a mulching mower you should be looking for a large capacity grass collector. Having a large capacity grass collector prevents you from having to stop and start intermittently to empty the bag. But also be aware that the larger the collector, the heavier it will become as it fills.
•可调节切割高度（板高）：除非你是上帝，否则你很可能不会拥有一个完全平整的花园。专家建议专业修剪的外观具有 13 毫米的切割高度。高端割草机将有一个调节器，可让您在各种切割位置之间交替，以适应全年不同的景观或不同的花园风格。例如，在冬季，您可能希望将草保持更长的时间以保护根部免受霜冻，而在夏季，您可能希望将其保持较短以获得奢华的外观。对于一些割草机设计，例如悬停式割草机，您需要卸下刀片并添加垫片或圆筒割草机，您可能需要更换轮子，因此刀片会升高或降低到所需的高度，这很烦人。您最好找到带有可调节板或刀片的割草机。
• Adjustable cutting height (plate height): Unless you’re God, then you more than likely won’t have a completely level garden. Experts recommend for a professionally manicured look to have a cutting height of 13mm. Higher end lawnmowers will have an adjustor that allows you to alternate between various cutting positions to suit different landscapes or different garden styles throughout the year. For instance during the winter you may want to keep the grass longer to protect the roots from frost whereas during the summer you will want to keep it shorter for a luxurious look. With some mower designs like hover lawnmowers you will need to remove the blade and add spacers or cylinder mowers you may need to change wheel, so the blade is elevated or lowered to the desired height, which is quite the annoyance. You’re best finding a mower with an adjustable plate or blade.
• Long switch / Throttle: Make sure it incorporates a long switch throttle body. You can identify this as the long metal bar that runs the on the inner of the mower handle or protrudes at the top of the handle, often shaped in a bent manner. Like most engines or electric motors there is an ignition / idle mode. In rotary systems you must depress the throttle in order to engage the motor to cut your grass. Different brands have different variations on throttle types. You should look for a mower with either a throttle switch, which means you don’t need to hold the throttle constantly (much easier on the hands over time) or look for a mower with a throttle lever. Throttle levers require you to continually hold the throttle in order to cut your grass. Throttle levers are generally built to suit two handed and or single left / right handed use.
• Adjustable Handles: An adjustable handle is always a good feature to look out for when choosing a mower. Having the option of adjusting a handle will enable you to move the handle up or down to suit different users and terrains. For instance if you’re mowing on a constant uphill, lowering the handle will give you better balance and more driving force, making the job a little less painless.
•额定功率：电动割草机的额定功率以瓦特为单位，因此瓦特越高，功率越大。汽油割草机以 cc 或等效 HP（马力）为单位进行测量。同样，cc 越大，切削力越强。谨慎选择电源很重要。如果你有一小块细草，你喜欢定期修剪，你就不需要太多的力量。另一方面，如果您有一个容易长草的大花园，那么您将需要更多的电力。
• Power Rating: Electric lawnmowers power rating is measured in watts, so the higher the watts the more power. Petrol mowers are measured in cc or equivalent HP (horse power). Again the larger the cc the more powerful cutting force. It is important to choose power carefully. If you have a small allotment with fine grass, that you like to cut regularly you won’t need much power. On the other hand, if you have a large garden which is prone to thick and long grasses, then you’ll need more power.
• Battery Life: It is crucial that you measure the battery life you can get out of a single charged battery when considering a cordless mower. You will need to make sure that a single battery will provide ample time to get around your garden and if not, definitely make sure that the company / brand supplies two batteries, so you have no downtime.
•覆盖：不是重点，但值得一提。如果您想要最绿的草，请考虑购买具有覆盖能力的割草机。与芯片收集相反，覆盖物如其所说，覆盖并返回切割区域的草，以提供一层分解并促进更健康的绿色草的堆肥。• Mulching: Not an essential point but worth mentioning. If you want the greenest of green grass then consider purchasing a mower with mulching capabilities. The opposite of chip collection, mulching does what it says, it mulches and returns the grass cutting over the cut areas to provide a layer of compost that breaks down and promotes healthier greener grass.
割草机比较指南 Lawnmower Comparison Guide